Joy has over 20 years of experience in accounting, finance, business analytics, and internal audit in the consumer lending industry. Prior to joining VGraham, she worked as a financial controller for several privately held businesses headquartered in the Baton Rouge area. Within this role, Joy was instrumental in restructuring accounting and financial information systems for a high-growth company, with a focus on scalability, integration of multiple systems, and detailed management reporting capabilities. With focus on accounting, treasury, and financial analysis, Joy provided management reporting, including budgets and forecasts, and compliance with all state, federal, and associated external reporting requirements. She worked with commercial banks for treasury and credit line compliance reporting, as well as many international audit compliance and venture capital firms. She also developed an internal audit function for small business that proved both effective and efficient, by providing meaningful reporting to management at minimal cost.
Joy, who grew up in Iowa City, Iowa, lives in Baton Rouge with her husband, Neil, and sons, Blake and Bret, who attend the Dunham School.
Louisiana State University
- Master of Science, Accounting
- LSU Center for Internal Auditing Masters Program
- Bachelor of Science, Finance
Professional Credentials and Affiliations
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Member, American Financial Services Association (Inactive)
- Member, Louisiana Finance Association (Inactive)
- Jubilee Committee, The Dunham School (2020 – Present), Volunteer and Member
- Board Member & Treasurer, Elan Vital Montessori School (2010-2017)
- Treasurer, Institute of Internal Auditors, Baton Rouge Chapter (2004-2006)